Testimonial for The Quick Start Challenge

The task for week two of The Quick Start Challenge was to create a video, upload it to YouTube, and place it in a website post.

Well, here is my video for the challenge. I decided to just get on with it to see how it turned out, and unfortunately the sound is a bit muffled since I was using the built-in computer microphone.

The video provides a short testimonial for The Quick Start Challenge, outlining how the aim isn’t necessarily to teach you anything new, but to help you do things you may already know you should be doing but aren’t.

Video is something I have intended to explore for some time, but fear of appearing on camera or hearing my own voice put me off. So, having done the first one I’m keen to do some more now.

22 thoughts on “Testimonial for The Quick Start Challenge”

1. Well done Keiran!
    Nice to see you get out of your comfort zone, and putting yourself on video. I am the same, I do video with PP slides and some animation, but I’ve never been in front of the camera. Time for me to do it too!
    Keep up the good work.
    Keith

2. Hey Keiran,
    Great job on your video! You look very relaxed! (not like me, LOL) I love the informal atmosphere of sitting on the sofa! Looking forward to seeing more updates to your site.

3. Hi Kieran,
    Great job , can see your not a youngster like me, so for you to get in front of the camera is a great inspiration for me to get my finger out and do the same, honestly can say I am way out of my comfort zone.
    Cheers
    Phill

4. Hi Keiran,

Well done for completing the video for the Quick Start Challenge. All the things that you felt went wrong this time are what you’ll put right next time and it will get easier.

I have to admit I’ve used Powtoon for my videos before which gives you cartoon style presentation videos but is very easy to do.

Looking forward to seeing what more the Quick Start Challenge will bring for us all and seeing the success stories that come out of it.

Regards,

Steven Lucas

5. Hi Keiran,

I just watched your video and you did great!! As you mentioned the audio was very low but I muted the TV and the dogs and managed to listen!! Great to see another action taker getting involved and following the Challenge. I will keep a check of your site.
    Cheers Des.

6. Congratulations Keiran on completing your Quick Start Challenge video. You did great. In the video you come across as very natural and believable.

I wish you much success with your online business and the QSC!!

7. Way to go with your video, nicely done. It took me awhile to figure out how to leave a comment, even so the fact that we are able to do so is a step above some others which do not allow it. Good luck with your challenge, I wish you the best of luck with it for all our desires.

8. Hi Keiran,

Great Job on the video! I pretty much had the same mindset in my video, of just getting on with it and seeing how it turns out. It seems like it worked for both of us. Congratulations on taking action and good luck on week 3!

9. Great video Kieran – those of us of a ‘certain age’ are certainly being ‘challenged’ to do what we might have previously thought was outrageous! Good for you!

10. From the blogroll it looks like there were over 350 of us that actually made it this far. I am looking forward to seeing how we progress over the next 3 weeks, especially the part that wants us to write a good post every day. And as for doing a video? still it looks like you are off to a good start here.
    Simon

11. Hi Keiran,

Nice video although it was a bit hard to hear. You hit on all the major points and it looks like you had some planning which is Key. Best of luck to you

Sham

12. Hey Keiran,

Good job on the video. Your breaking out of your comfort zone has worked well for you. I didn’t sense any nervousness. I make some videos in my car (it’s one of those places that I am thinking clearly), and I’m going to make some vids in front of my computer. So, I went and bought a Blue Yeti Microphone, to attach to my laptop. I’ve been told that audio quality is more important than the picture quality. Having said all that, your onscreen presence is excellent.

Keep up the strong effort!

Cheers!

• Hi Tony,

I do have a Blue Yeti microphone, but I only decided to record the video while I was sitting there on the sofa so I didn’t use it. I won’t make that mistake again.

I’ve become a big fan of videos made in the car after having seen what others have done, so I’m going to give that a go soon. Not sure where I’ll put the Blue Yeti though :).

13. Hi Keiran,

Fantastic video and what an excellent conversation you had with the camera, well relaxed and looking good.

Keep up the good work!